Bret W. Chuckovich
Pacific Outdoor Living
5383 Opihi St.
Honolulu, HI 96821
Phone: (808) 372-0544
Hawaii’s Premier Outdoor Contractor
Landscapes need to complement the overall theme of home and property. Each element should work together to create the desired feeling.
- Can I design my landscape with any plant(s) I choose?
- No. Plants are very sensitive to their environment. They require different amounts of sun and water, and they need to be grouped accordingly. Depending on where you live, certain plants can and cannot be used.
- How much does plant placement matter?
- This is one of the most common errors made by homeowners and landscape professionals. Plants need to be placed with the knowledge of what the plant will become or how it will be trained to grow, not based on what it looks like when purchased. This is especially critical when planting trees.
- Can I plant any type of tree I want?
- Trees do best when left alone. If you do not have room for a large tree, find one with a maximum size that fits your needs, not one that will grow large and need constant trimming. And consider your environment: If you live in Kahala, don’t plant a lychee tree and expect it to fruit. Find something better suited to the heat.