Real Estate is an emotional experience, but with the right professional, can be very rewarding.
- Is now a good time to buy?
- Interest rates are at historical lows, some below 5%. When interest rates go down, theoretically so does the market. With home prices down, interest rates at historical lows and a possible stabilizing market, conditions now are ripe. The question is: How long is this going to last?
- What are some common mistakes sellers make when selling their home?
- Waiting to order a survey. Most reputable surveyors are booked weeks in advance. Waiting until you’re in escrow to order a survey could delay your closing with extensions, or cause you to be out of contract. Either will almost certainly delay your proceeds check!
Not pulling permits for renovations. If you decide to sell your property, you need to disclose to prospective buyers all modifications you’ve made with or without permits. Buyers don’t want to take on liability for what may have been done without proper permits. Get permits for any kind of remodeling.
- What kind of closing costs should I be aware of when I sell my home?
- The costs involved can add up: Conveyance Taxes, Property Taxes, Escrow Fees, Title Insurance, Notary, Deed Drafting, Termite Inspection, Survey, Condo Association Documents. Also, does your mortgage have a prepayment penalty? Finding out too late can be very costly. Give me a call—I’ll gladly prepare a complimentary Estimated Closing Cost Sheet for you.
What people are saying...
A trusted and devoted Real Estate Agent is what Leana Berwick signifies. Her committment to her work, family and friends is inspiring to us all. Her enthusiasm is contagious and her dedication is distinct. Leana has been a loyal business associate and friend that I can always depend on. Those who are forutnate to work with Leana will see these great qualties too.
““Leana Berwick's background with the Honolulu Board of Realtors, and her years of experience with managing real estate transactions has shaped her into one of Hawaii's most thorough and capable Real Estate Agents. Leana is honest, dependable, and above all else, fun to be around. I would recommend Leana with confidence to anyone looking for a real estate professional.” ”